Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Every Soul is Duty Bound to Uphold All the Statues of Boredom Therein Lies

Tuesday. Well, I'm back everyone. I'm sure you missed me. I am guessing everyone here did since everything went to heck while I was gone. The website didn't upload right, reports weren't done, no one was here to annoy my fellow co-workers with lame jokes, I mean you wonder what they would do without me. Maybe I will use this as leverage to get a raise... Ok, probably not.

Football outcomes were also lame over the weekend. Tennessee lost to Alabama 6-3. 6-3! I've seen higher scoring soccer games! The Broncos also lost in the final minutes of their game against the Giants after holding a 13-point lead. The only bright spot was that Colorado State won the border war against Wyoming, thank goodness, or we'd have to put up with a year of that obnoxiousness.

So, here I am trying to clean up the messes from my absence and trying to get over the fact that Tennessee is barely hanging on to their ranking in the top 25. I need a vacation just from getting back from vacation. Is it Thanksgiving yet?

Today I listened to Chutes Too Narrow by The Shins. This album follows up their indie debut Oh! Inverted World. Inverted World had a slow, melodic feel to it, while Chutes tends to pick up the pace a little bit. This may be a bit disconcerting to those who loved Inverted World, but I welcomed the slight change. A little bit of growth can be good for a band. The songs are still lyrically tight and the music inventive. The trademark Shins sound is still intact. I dig it. Recommended tracks: So Says I, Turn a Square, and Fighting in a Sack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home