Thursday, October 06, 2005

I Just Gotta Get Out of this Prison Cell; One Day I’m Gonna be Free!

Thursday. Today is website upload day, the culmination of all my hard work over the past week. It all leads up to this. Can you feel the excitement? If so, please let me know so I can try to feel it, too, because I'm pretty bored. Of course, I would rather be bored than have to deal with upload problems and so far everything has gone well.

If today is Thursday, that must mean it's time for college football picks! We have a lot of good games this week.

First off, easily the game of the week (not just to me but in all of college football) is the SEC powerhouse match up of #5 Georgia vs. the #8 Tennessee Volunteers. This game will most likely decide who takes the SEC this year. If Georgia wins, they have a good shot at going undefeated. If Tennessee wins, that means they will most likely be in a tie for first place in the SEC East with Georgia, and possibly Florida and Vanderbilt, depending on their respective outcomes this week. This will be a tough one for the Vols, but they have the home field advantage. They've been playing well lately, and hopefully they will carry over this momentum and claim victory. Volunteers over Bulldogs in a close one.

My Colorado State Rams will be taking on the Utah Utes this weekend. What is a Ute, anyway? When I hear that I think of this movie. Well, there will certainly be more than two "utes" to be worried about this week for the Rammies. Although Utah's head coach left to join my least favorite team in all of college football, the Utes are still a formidable opponent. CSU has two things going for them, though. First, it is their homecoming (is it still a "homecoming" for me if I still live in the same town as my alma mater?). Second, the new coach of the Utes was recently reprimanded by the MWC for criticizing the officiating crew at their last game. Those refs stick together, man. I'm expecting payback in the form of a lot of questionable calls against Utah. Rammies win their homecoming no problem.

Other games around the league: #1 USC vs. unranked Arizona. No problem for the Trojans. Another easy win.

#2 Texas vs. unranked Oklahoma. Ok, on paper this looks like an easy pick. Texas is Texas, and Oklahoma has been playing weak lately. However, for some reason I smell an upset here. I'm going to go against conventional wisdom and pick the Sooners over their rival Longhorns. Cross your fingers...

#3 Virginia Tech vs. unranked Marshall. Easy win for Virginia Tech.

Other big games to check on include Ohio State vs. Penn State (how about that Joe Paterno comeback this year, huh?) and Vanderbilt vs. LSU.

Today I listened to Queen on the way in. I woke up with Keep Yourself Alive in my head, and as a general rule if wake up with a song in my head that's what I listen to that day. Since I already reviewed Queen here awhile back and this post is already running long, I'll just end now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home