Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I Was Just Trying to Remember All the Things I’ll Never Know

Wednesday. But it's like a Friday for me! I will be out of town the next couple of days, so there probably won't be any posting until next Monday. I know, but try to fight back those tears. Today has been pretty crappy, making this time off even more welcome. They say that if you ever feel unappreciated at work to go on vacation, and I have to say that old axiom is true. All I had to do is send out an email this morning warning people I was going to be gone, and everyone flipped out like no one had ever taken time off before. I will be gone for TWO DAYS people, get a grip! I couldn't imagine what would happen if I said I was going to take a week off. They'd probably have to shut the company down nationwide for that...

Since today was my pretend Friday, I tried to find something upbeat to get me going this morning. I dug deep and came up with The Plague that Makes Your Booty Move by the Infectious Grooves. The Infectious Grooves are a side project put together by Mike Muir of Suicidal Tendencies. However, while Suicidal tends to be more skater punk, Infectious Grooves display the bass-poppin' funk so popular in the early 1990's. These guys are a lot of fun, and the Sarsippius dialogue in between tracks is especially humorous. With song titles like Stop Funk'n With My Head and You Lie... and Yo Breath Stank you know they have to be good. Ozzy makes a guest appearance on Therapy, and Punk it Up is an excellent jam. Highly recommended stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home