Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My Eyes Wake Up But My Brain is Sleeping Fine

Wednesday. Not much going on here. I am putting the finishing touches on my website database spreadsheet and approving orders here and there. I spent the morning on some collection efforts, so we'll see if those pay off (literally). I am bored, but my brain is dead today so I don't know if I want any action anyway.

This morning I listened to some Ugly Casanova. Ugly Casanova is the side project of Modest Mouse's Isaac Brock. Supposedly, the name came from an alias of a deranged fan that made his way backstage at a 1998 Modest Mouse concert in Denver and played some demos for the group. Although I admit being a deranged MM fan that lives close to Denver, I am not this person. Anyway, after The Moon & Antarctica sessions, Brock went back to the Pacific Northwest, recruited some fellow musicians in the area and laid down some tracks for Sharpen Your Teeth. The songs on this collection are fairly mellow and are played mostly acoustically. Nature plays a heavy theme in several of these songs. I believe I already detailed my instant attraction to the song Cat Faces here (still one of my favorite songs), so no need too repeat that story. Hotcha Girls is another good track on this album, as is Smoke Like Ribbons. Of course, since I hold all things Modest Mouse in high esteem, I highly recommend this album. You don't have to be a MM fan to enjoy Ugly Casanova, though. I mean, hey, I was a UC fan before MM, so I guess anything's possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home