Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It’s the Truth We’ve All Been Wrong, Make it Up and Let’s Move On

Tuesday. Just like pretty much every other Tuesday I am working on spreadsheets to get ready for this week's website upload. Not exactly exciting, but it keeps me busy.

Ok, I admit it. This blog has been pretty lame lately. This is partly because I have been fairly busy at work the past month or so. This hasn't exactly been a cure for the boredom that spawned this site, but it has kept me from searching out odd links and things like I had in some of my earlier posts. Also, the strict structure of this site that provides focus and helps perpetuate the posts has inadvertently caused monotony and repetition. I would open this forum to suggestions on how to keep this site fresh, but I tried that over a month ago and got zero replies. So, now that things should be slowing down a bit around here hopefully I can work on some improvements in both content and layout.

Talking about repetition, I listened to Modest Mouse on the way in to work this morning. I know, I know, but I woke up with MM in my head and I can't deny my subconscious its musical desires or it will start releasing some of those suppressed memories again. However, I did chose to listen to an album that apparently I have never reviewed on this site, Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks. This 8-song EP is a conglomeration of an earlier released 4-track set Night on the Sun and some outtakes from the Moon & Antarctica sessions. The mood on this release is pretty mellow, but that might be a carryover from the mellowness of Moon. My favorite track on this collection is You're the Good Things. The tune itself is pretty catchy, but the lyrics are quite ironically humorous. Of course, MM lyrics are always good, that's part of the attraction. So Much Beauty in Dirt is another great track. I would definitely recommend this EP to any MM fan, but for the newbie I would still recommend getting The Moon & Antarctica first (then getting all of the rest quickly afterward).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home