Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Like a Sunday in T.J., It’s Cheap But It’s Not Free

Wednesday. I'm finally starting to ease back into things after being out. Not only that, but I think I am actually making some progress (finally) in getting some of these old receivables collected. I am just a hair away from bringing in about $59k on a single invoice and I may have a couple of more getting cleared up as well. But I'm getting ahead of myself; we'll see how much progress I've made by the end of the year. By then I should have a good idea about whether or not I'm making any real movement or not. Other than that, I'm just approving orders and updating the database for the website upload tomorrow. You know, the standard fun and games.

My head was hurting this morning for some reason, so I wanted something easy on my brain for the drive in to work. I chose Gaucho by Steely Dan. I know this choice may seem odd considering some of the other music I discuss on this site, but actually I am a huge fan of The Dan. They confuse me, though. They straddle the line between kitsch and seriousness so well that I often can't tell if they are putting me on or what. Perhaps that is part of the charm. For instance, I can be totally into an excellent jazz saxophone solo and then they come on with their typical ironic, tongue-in-cheek lyrics. It's like they are telling a joke so straight-faced you can't tell if you are supposed to laugh or believe them. There are also all kinds of fun trivia about The Dan that I've already mentioned previously here. I highly recommend Steely Dan based on their outstanding music and clever lyrics. Recommended tracks on Gaucho: Hey Nineteen, Gaucho, and Time Out of Mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home