Friday, September 30, 2005

Caringosity Killed the Kerouac Cat

Friday. Yeah! Ok, sorry, no post yesterday. I really wanted to but I was getting slammed with orders all afternoon, I was trying to run the website upload which kept giving me problems, and I had to swap out my computer and lost about 2 hours of productivity time. Well, ok, not so much productivity per se, but I couldn't get online at all during that time. I know I should be super pumped to finally get my computer replaced, but of course it had to come in on the worst day of the week on one of the busiest days of the year and I had a bunch of problems getting everything going. In fact, I spent a good chunk of time on the phone with user support this morning still trying to get everything fixed. I am still missing some critical programs that didn't transfer, but I guess I'll have to deal with that later. Why didn't I just wait to switch my computer next week when things die back down? Well, that is a long story but basically it involves a lease being up in another district, me taking a computer from that district over a year ago, and bounty hunters tracking me down and demanding that I hand over my CPU immediately. So, you see, I had no choice...

As a result of my being unable to post, I couldn't make my football picks. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but Colorado State played Air Force last night. For me to predict their win would seem a little silly after the fact. However, since they are my alma mater and I have picked them to win every other game this season, you can feel free to assume that I would have picked them to stomp all over in-state (and conference) rival Air Force. Which they did. Go Rammies!

So, Tennessee pulls off one of the greatest comebacks I have ever seen and they get rewarded with... no movement in the polls. The team they beat, LSU, drops one spot to #4. Where's the justice? Anyway, the Volunteers play unranked Ole Miss this week. As long as the Vols play the way they did at the end of the game last week, this should be no problem.

#1 USC plays #14 Arizona State. USC is finally starting to face some competition. ASU has a pretty strong offense, and of course, so does USC, so expect to see a high-scoring game here. Whosever defense can hold the best will determine this game. I think this will be a good game, but I think that there is no stopping USC from being the first team in PAC-10 history to win 26 straight games.

#2 Texas plays unranked Missouri. At 2-1, Missouri is not exactly a pushover, but they still should be no problem for the Longhorns. Texas takes it.

#3 Virginia Tech plays unranked West Virginia. You would think that this would be no problem for VT, but the Mountaineers have played spoiler before against the Hokies. This should be another good one, but I'm going with Virginia Tech.

Around the league other good games to keep an eye on are Florida vs. Alabama, Notre Dame vs. Purdue, and Michigan vs. Michigan State.

Since I had a bad day yesterday and I counted on it being just as busy today, I wanted to listen to some good punk rock music this morning to get me good and amped up. So, I chose Bad Religion. It definitely did the trick. Since this post is now already a mile long and I already reviewed Bad Religion here, I will go ahead and finish now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home