Thursday, January 12, 2006

Beautiful Lie, You Can Pray You Can Pay 'Til You're Buried Alive

Thusday. Somewhat busy today. The Big Boss Lady is in town. We had a sit-down meeting in which we went over all of my accounts, and that went fairly well. She congratulated me on a pretty good December, but had a couple more accounts for me to target this month. She did acknowledge that I was making some good headway on some of these old and nasty accounts, so I was pleased to hear that. Later we went out to lunch together for a graduation celebration meal, so that was pretty cool. I can't complain about free food. While eating though, I asked her for a promotion since I now have a master's degree, I have collected millions of dollars for her a month, my account base is bigger than other managers plus I run the website, etc., but I was shot down. She gave me the "it is forseeable in the future but not right now" line. I didn't tell her this, but it is "foreseeable in the future" that I will be seeking employment elsewhere if I don't start getting paid what I'm worth around here.

Sorry, I'm still a bit disappointed right now that I didn't even get an idea of when "the future" is. So far, all that grad school work is not paying off.

I listened to Blues for Allah by the Grateful Dead today on the way to work. I know, I have been listening to a lot of Dead lately but I just re-acquired a few albums that I haven't heard in awhile and I was eager to listen to them. I was going to do a full review of Blues for Allah, but my work day is coming to a close. I'm sure I'll have a chance to review it another time. This album is pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home