Friday, January 13, 2006

The Lights are Flashing, My Mind is Spinning, I Feel Like it is Always the Beginning

Friday. A somewhat busy day. I had a long teleconference this morning regarding new procedures that have been put in place by our customer that will greatly affect how we do business. I won't disclose who the customer is, but let's just say an oversight sub-committee implemented these rules after another vendor was caught price gouging. Fun times. Other than that, I've been working on collections and putting together a big post-upload spreadsheet report.

I'm still teaching myself HTML. I've came up with a pretty good idea for my website focus and I have been planning the design for it. I know this site is still the same old drab template with tweaks, but I just haven't got there yet. I promise, a new layout is in the works.

I got out of the house a little late this morning, plus I had to get gas, which made me a little pressed for time in getting to work. Plus I was in a pretty blah mood for a Friday morning, so I pulled out the big guns and chose Paul's Boutique for my listening enjoyment. I have mentioned the power of the Beastie Boys several times on this site, but it bears repeating. This album never fails to turn my mood around, no matter the situation. Only Sublime's 40oz. to Freedom even comes close to that kind of power. Even though traffic was bad the whole way down due to the big stock show in town, I nevertheless found myself singing and dancing along to this pure genius of an album. I think I've also mentioned that I think that the little known Car Thief is one of my favorite Beastie Boys songs, but I just wanted to repeat that again, too. Definitely good stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Casey Dorrell said...

What'd you think of the new Beasties? I was pretty disapointed.

Friday, January 13, 2006 6:56:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

Hi Casey-

I thought it was listenable, but not near as good as Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head or even Ill Communication. I'm a pretty big fan, though, so I may have cut them a little slack since I want it to be good...

Friday, January 13, 2006 7:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home