Friday, January 20, 2006

Twistin’ with Lucy, Doin’ the Watusi

Friday. Yeah! Well, Broncomania is starting to hit critical mass here in the Denver office. We now have a full-blown Bronco shrine in the break room, and at least half the people here are wearing some kind of orange/blue apparel. Considering that both the Governor of Colorado and the Mayor of Denver came out this week to proclaim today statewide Orange Friday, who were we to question our elected leaders mandate? All of this hoopla is just for the AFC title game. If they win, this whole place is going to go nuts. I remember all of the hysteria around here back when Elway won those Super Bowls in the late '90s.

Other than that, not much going on work-wise. I had an account review with the Big Boss Lady that went well and now I am putting together the post-website upload spreadsheet report. Fun times.

I was listening to the radio on the way home last night when they announced that R&B/soul singer Wilson Pickett died of a heart attack at age 64. I knew then that my music selection would be a tribute to this great legend. You may think that you don't know Wilson Pickett, but I guarantee you know some of his songs. Some of Pickett's biggest hits include Mustang Sally, In the Midnight Hour and Land of 10,000 Dances. Pickett was known for his strained, gritty vocals and always gave it all he had. It's his trademark scream that always gets me when I listen to him. This guy was good. Do your music collection a favor and at least pick up a copy of his Very Best of. No party playlist is complete without Land of 10,000 Dances and I don't know if a song can get much cooler than Mustang Sally. He will be sorely missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home