Monday, January 23, 2006

They Say Every Man Needs Protection; They Say Every Man Must Fall

Monday. Well, the Broncos lost the big AFC game. I am a bit disappointed, but hey, it was a good run and they had a good season. I don't blame Plummer for losing the game. The Steelers just outplayed the Broncos at every position and on all levels of the game. Plummer had a great season, and I don't think that one bad game should be a cause to completely dog him like some around here are doing. Even the mighty Tom Brady can throw a handful of picks in a big play off game. Just look at how he did against Denver last week. Anyway, thanks, Broncos, for a good season regardless. It's been fun.

Of course, billydwilson, being a big Steelers fan, did what all good friends do for each other in their time of despair. He called to rub it in. Hey, what are friends for? I would like to think I would be there for him in the same capacity had the situation been reversed. Seriously, though, it was good talking to ya billy. I hope all is well.

Other than that, not much is going on here at work today. I am trying to research a bunch of correspondence to track down various proofs that we should be paid for a bunch of outstanding items on my biggest account group. Not exactly the most exciting endeavor, but if it gets these things paid then it will all be worth it I guess.

I listened to some Bob Dylan on the way in to work today. I heard Ben Harper's Diamonds on the Inside last night and I picked up on what I considered to be a strange resemblance to Dylan's I Shall Be Released. I didn't know if it was just my post-Broncos-loss brain not processing things correctly, so I popped in some Bobby Dylan this morning to see if Ben Harper was an "Innocent Criminal" or not. The jury is still out on this one, but I think there could be a case made regarding their similarities.

By the way, I recommend both Bob Dylan and Ben Harper, regardless of any perceived semblance. They are both awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Don't worry, Billy, my evening was ruined long before that, you know, somewhere around mid-second quarter...

It's still a toss up for who I'll be rooting for: the sixth-seed team who battled their way all the way to the top on the road OR the team who is making their first appearance ever in the big game. Either way is history in the making. I'll probably go with the Steelers. They've looked impressive, and Holmgren's ties to the cheeseheads definitely doesn't help his case...

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 10:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home