Thursday, January 19, 2006

Think about Something that Ya Never Thought and If You’re Gonna Give, Give Everything You Got

Thursday. Not much going on today at work. I uploaded the website, finished my treasury reports, and I put together a spreadsheet listing all of the outstanding items on one of my way overdue accounts and then sent it out requesting action. This prompted an angry response from at least one of my fellow co-workers on the sales side. Hey, and I said yesterday that no one ever reads these things...

Ok, it's time for an update on the whole HTML-learning thing. While I am nowhere near fluent, I am making progress. In fact, it is time for me to come clean. I'm working on another blog (it's this blog I really love, baby, that other one means nothing to me...). I don't think it's too bad for amateur work. Although I didn't write it completely from scratch, it at least has the appearance of originality. I would link you to it, but I don't want to disrupt the controlled environment of my experiment. Part of this experiment is to test the actual potential of weblogging, and so I am attempting to appeal to a wide demographic by posting news articles regarding two pop singer sisters whom in reality I couldn't care less about. I included an ad banner to this other site as part of this experiment, and here it is, about a week later and I've raked in a cool twelve cents. Sweet!

So anyway, I hope that explains why I've been saying for the past month or so that I'm learning HTML yet this site has shown no discernable improvement in layout. I have a couple more tweaks to do on my other site, but then I plan to implement some changes here. So, be on the lookout for that.

I listened to Donovan Frankenreiter's self-titled album on the way into work this morning. I was looking for something I hadn't heard in a while and I thought the generally happy mood on this album might lift me up from the funk I was in yesterday. The tropical island sound of ukuleles and bongos made quite an odd juxtaposition to the snow that is currently falling here in Colorado. However, I think it might have worked since today seems to be going a lot better than yesterday. I reviewed and recommended this album back in September so I won't repeat myself except to say that I still think it is a decent album even after the long hiatus between listenings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home