Thursday, March 02, 2006

Faded Like a Forgotten Dream Further Than it Seems

Thursday. I am having another busy day here. I uploaded the receivables website database this morning, and now I am still wrestling with this summary billing spreadsheet for the second day in a row. Something in the computer system kept it from generating, so I am trying to do it manually. It has been a complete pain, and I have a feeling I know what I'll be working on when I come in tomorrow morning.

Well, I successfully remembered to grab that Ben Harper disc out of my CD player today. I really dig Ben Harper. For those out there unfamiliar with Mr. Harper, he is in the "guy with an acoustical guitar" genre. However, unlike Jack Johnson who plays mostly light, fun type of tunes, Ben Harper has a tinge more angst and profundity to his style. A lot of his songs like Excuse Me Mister and Opression deal with social issues. He also does some great cover tunes including The Verve's Drugs Don't Work and Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing. Harper can play a soft, soulful song, then turn around and crank out a rousing tune. This guy is pretty good. I would definitely recommend picking up some of his stuff.

Sorry again for the short post. I've been swamped here lately. I can't believe they actually expect me to do work at this job...

2 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

hey i'll have to check that out since i also like iron and wine and jack johnson and all that angsty guitar bullshit :)

currently recommending john butler trio :)

Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:40:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

Hey sass-

I've been listening to a lot of Iron & Wine myself lately. Good stuff. I like The John Butler Trio. I have some of their stuff. I don't think I've ever covered them on this blog, maybe I'll do them in an upcoming post...

Thursday, March 02, 2006 7:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home