Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Held to the Past, Too Aware of the Pending

Wednesday. Ok, sorry for the short post today everyone. First, I have been fairly busy today trying to take care of a long list of things on top of cranking out several spreadsheet reports. I've also had to correct (yet again) a summary billing report for one of my accounts and that has also taken up a significant amount of my time. Second, I don't have any music to review today. After mentioning Ben Harper in yesterday's post, I was surprised to find that I have never done an entry on him on this blog before. So, I grabbed a Ben Harper disc on my way out the door only to find that I had taken only the jewel case. The disc was still in my player at home. Luckily I had my iPod so I didn't have to endure the torture otherwise known as commercial radio. Since I didn't want to agonize over the decision of what to listen to, I just picked something I hadn't heard in a long while Oh, Inverted World by The Shins. This album is great, but I've mentioned The Shins like a bazillion times on this blog so I'll stop now to avoid the redundancy.

2 Comments:

Blogger katya said...

i keep seeing the Shins come up on .mp3 searches (mind you i don't have an mp3 or ipod)....i'm mostly living in silence!!...and i love music
i would like to hear what the Shins sound like...could you describe? what is their music about? i don't mind the redundancy since i'm a new reader...if you care to elaborate that is
k

Thursday, March 02, 2006 9:11:00 AM  
Blogger john said...

Hello Katya-

I first mentioned The Shins here. They are a bit hard to describe, but I would say that they are a mellow, alternative-rock kind of band. If you go to Amazon and search for them under popular music you can probably hear a few samples from them. Their big single is New Slang off of Oh, Inverted World. I would recommend checking that one out first.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 11:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home