Monday, April 24, 2006

I Must Be Me, I’m In My Head

Monday. It's been a somewhat uneventful day so far. I finished up writing those process instructions that I started on Friday. That took up a decent part of the morning. I also ended up on a couple of long phone calls, one of which indicated that something I thought was a big mess is actually a completely gigantic mess. In October of last year, a guy keying in an order mistyped a number by one digit and now everything has blown up because of it. I was hoping it would just be a quick fix, but the more I dug into it, the more I found out that wouldn't be the case. Lame. Other than that, I am working on my post-upload spreadsheet and trying to hang in there until the end of the day.

We had a beautiful weekend here in Colorado. It was in the 80s on Saturday, so we all went up into the mountains and hung out. It was a very good time. I really enjoy being able to just hop in the car and be in the mountains in no time. That's something I'll never take for granted about living in Colorado. Very cool. Sunday involved a little less recreation. It was spring cleaning day. Deep cleaning isn't my first choice of how I would spend a Sunday, but the house definitely needed it and looks a whole lot better because of it.

After a gorgeous weekend, today's weather has brought us freezing rain and temps in the 30s. That's another little quirk about living in Colorado. The temperature can fluctuate by 40 degrees in less than 24 hours and no one even blinks an eye. Sure, it's lame when the temp drops by 40 degrees, but on the flip side, two days from now when it shoots back up into the 80s it will be pretty sweet.

Sorry, I don't have any new music to discuss today. Once again I am on the lookout for new tunes, so if you have any recommendations please send 'em over. I hope to have some fresh reviews here very soon, but in the meantime I used this opportunity to revisit a band recommended to me a few weeks ago, The National. I am still enjoying this album, and I once again thank Lisa V. for enlightening me. For those of you who want to read my previous post on The National's Alligator, here it is. Otherwise, I am off on the hunt for the latest and greatest in the world of music. See you all tomorrow...

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa V said...

Hey, check out the title on thursday, March 9 on my blog... that's too funny! Collective unconscious strikes again!
I still listen to that one all the time too. I'm really enjoying the new "The Radio Dept." album. It's been playing incessently in the car for the last while. It kicks some serious ass... it may be a bit too electronic for your tastes, but it's damn good to my ears!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

Hi Lisa V.-

That is pretty funny. Sorry, no copycatting intended, those lyrics just seemed to fit right.

I can take some electronica, like with Beck. He uses it as back up, but you don't get a whole album of repetitious bleeping noises when you listen to it. However, for the vast majority of most techno music, I feel like I could save myself the $15 cost of a CD by just listening to my alarm clock go off for 60 minutes.

I'll listen to The Radio Dept and let you know what I think. I've been looking for some new tunes to check out, so I'll give it a go. Thanks!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa V said...

The Radio Dept. are not bleepy electronic, but more 80s synth sort of electronic. Definitely influenced by early New Order. Definitely worth checking out...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home