Thursday, September 08, 2005

Be Somewhere You Wanna Be, Keep On Groovin’ Cause That’s the Key

Thursday. Today is website upload day so I have been pretty busy. I encountered a slight hiccup earlier this morning, but I was able to overcome this obstacle and so far all has run well since. Other than that, another boring day at work.

Ok, since it is Thursday it is time for this week's college football predictions. Let's see...

Colorado State plays the University of Minnesota this week. CSU is coming off an extremely disappointing loss and faces another tough game this week. If CSU wants to hang with UM they have to stop the run. Last year, the Gophers made Swiss cheese of the Ram's defense. However, if CSU wants to win, they have to play with heart, plain and simple. They have to believe they can win. CSU can't afford another 0-2 start to the season. They have to get out there and go after it. Minnesota is beatable. The Rams just have to believe it. I, of course, am going with my alma mater, CSU (I did attend grad school at the U of M for one year which cost about as much as my total undergrad, but I transferred back out before I graduated so they don't count as an alma mater to me).

Tennessee does not play this week. They traditionally take their bye week early in order to get more prep time against Florida. Whatever it takes, Vols. Do whatever it takes. Florida must go down.

USC doesn't play this week either. That sound you hear is every other division one school sighing in relief. Well, except Arkansas who plays them next week.

Iowa vs. Iowa State. Hmmm... tough one. Good interstate rivalry. I'm going with the underdog. Cyclones over Hawks.

Texas vs. Ohio State. This will probably be the game of the week. Looks like an even pick to me. I'm going with Ohio because that's where my grandma lives. Hey, I never said these picks were scientific...

Ok, that's it for now. I listened to Donovan Frankenreiter's epononymously-named album this morning on the drive in. Fans of Jack Johnson would probably appreciate Mr. Frankenreiter's music. How do I know? Well... both are guitarists. Both are from Hawaii. Both are surfers (Mr. Frankenreiter was a professional surfer prior to his music career). Mr. Frankenreiter is signed to Mr. Johnson's label, Brushfire Records. Jack Johnson appears on this album. They both like Zagnut bars. Ok, I can't verify that last one, but I do know that both artists are fairly similar, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Frankenreiter tends to use more accompaniment than Johnson, but both play mellow, happy, feel-good type music that is easy on the ears. Nothing here is going to overwhelm you with musical innovation, but there is a track with a bongo solo that's pretty cool. Recommended tracks: Free, Make You Mine, and Our Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home