Tuesday, March 14, 2006

And What Do You Got at the End of the Day?… A Bottle of Whisky and a New Set of Lies, Blinds on the Window and a Pain Behind the Eyes

Tuesday. Man, it's been another busy day here. The Big Boss Lady started calling me right away as soon as I got in this morning, and before the coffee even had a chance to really kick in I found myself in a three-way call between her, our customer contact, and myself still trying to get this $600k paid. Every time we jump through their hoop to get this thing resolved, they just hold up another hoop for us to somersault through. We finally asked them to cut out the BS and just tell us what needed to be done to take care of this thing. I'm glad that we got some straight answers, but it added a new spreadsheet project on top of my already overflowing plate. So, three spreadsheets later, I think I am finally able to come up for air (probably just to be dunked back in the water again).

I listened to Dire Straits on the way to work this morning. I reviewed this band before here, but it had been awhile since I had listened to them and I thought they would fit in well with the mood I was in this morning. Sure, everyone knows Money for Nothing and Walk of Life, but I really don't think those two selections properly represent this great band. I began to develop a deeper respect for Dire Straits back when a college roommate of mine exposed me to some of their deeper, lesser-known tunes. These guys are actually pretty darn good, despite their cheesy early '80s MTV image. Don't believe me? Then sample a couple of these tunes and then get back to me: Romeo and Juliet, Skate Away, Water of Love, and Your Latest Trick.

You know, I was just re-reading my old post on Dire Straits and I am noticing an odd trend going on. Today is Tuesday. I did my last Dire Straits post on a Tuesday. My Velvet Underground post I did last Thursday was a repeat of an old post I did on a Thursday. I've noticed this happening before, but I just thought it was a matter of chance. However, I am now wondering if my choice of music selection is influenced by the day of the week (with exception to Friday, in which I consciously choose certain types of music). Hmmm... interesting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home