Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Every Time You Think You’re Walking You’re Just Moving the Ground

Wednesday. I've been working on collections all day. I've been doing well since The Big Boss Lady asked me to move back into collections last August to take on some of the nastier accounts, but I am looking to pull some really big dollars this month. I'm really trying to capitalize on this potential so I can stand out while the Big Boss Lady makes her big decision regarding the vacancy caused by the sudden dismissal of one of my co-workers two weeks ago. They haven't formally announced a position opening yet, but I'm not taking any chances on this one. I'm going after it.

I listened to The Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse this morning. Recent readers of Inaction in Action may not know this, but I have been completely enamored with this band for some time now. I have settled down in the past few months with my MM listening in the morning, not because I like them any less, but because this website was turning less into a blog about boredom and more into a MM fan site (which would probably raise my readership significantly, but alas...). Anyway, The Lonesome Crowded West was one of MM's first releases. It is much more raw than their subsequent releases, but Isaac Brock's lyrical prowess is still quite potent even in this early stage of the band's career. A few of my favorite tracks on this album include Out of Gas, Lounge (Closing Time), and Cowboy Dan. The rest are pretty darn good, too. I did a previous review of this album here, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to reaffirm my love for this supremely excellent band. I recommend The Lonesome Crowded West, but only after you've purchased The Moon & Antarctica and Building Something Out of Nothing first.

2 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

hey dude...

i'm not as big a modest mouse fan as my friends but there are a few songs that quite blow me away nonetheless :)

how do you get it so when you comment and people click you it goes to your blog and not your profile?

Thursday, March 09, 2006 2:10:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

Sorry, sass, that is an ancient blogging secret that I mastered only after years of isolated meditation in the far-off mountains of...

Ah, forget it. I already disclosed this info to LSD the other day so the secret's out. It's easy, really. When leaving a comment on someone's blog you get three options: your blogger display name, "other," or "anonymous." If you chose "other" it lets you enter in the name of your chosing and then lets you link it to whatever internet page you want. Be advised, however, that this may not work with blogs whose owners have restricted comments to registered Blogger users only. Then you have no choice but to log in with your username.

If you are wondering why I started doing this in the first place, that is a somewhat long story explained in the comments section of the post prior to this one (I believe, it could have been the one before).

Thursday, March 09, 2006 2:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home